HHS - Behavioral Health
DWI Compliance Monitoring
After being convicted of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) offense, there are several requirements that must be completed to remain in good standing with the court and local law-enforcers. You must,
- Get an ignition interlock device on your vehicle
- Adobe Interlock Las Cruces, 400 Fred Way Las Cruces, NM 88007, Operator: Sean Parnes, Toll Free: 1-888-647-1313, Bus: 575-647-1313, Fax: 575-647-9414, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AAAA Smart Start Las Cruces, 1680 Hickory Loop Las Cruces, NM 88005, Operator: David Gannon, Toll Free: 866-916-6394, Bus: 575-541-8086, Fax: 575-541-8099, Email: email@example.com Website: www.smartstartinc.com
- Tom Carr Automotive, 1230 S. Española Street Las Cruces, NM 88005, Operator: Dennis Bogart, Work: 575-526-2741, Toll Free: 866-526-2741, Toll Free: 1-866-526-2741, Fax: 575-526-1848, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alcohol Awareness Technologies, 3311 S. Main St. Las Cruces, NM 88005, Operator: Michael Carrasco, Toll Free: 1-866-394-7867, Work: 575-842-8739 or 575-527-1952, Fax: 575-525-8538
- Auto Electric Service, 1003 W. Picacho Ave. Las Cruces, NM 88005, Operator: Gregory Klatt, Work: 575-524-3641, Fax: 575-523-0258, Email: email@example.com
- Attend a Victim Impact Panel (VIP) meeting which is held every 3rd Wednesday of the month at St. Paul's Methodist Church (corner of Alameda and Griggs). Registration begins at 6:30pm before each meeting, and panels begin at 7:00pm through 8:30 pm. There is a $20 fee, payable by cash or money order only.
- Enroll and attend one of the following DWI schools
- Anthony DWI School
875 North Main St.
Anthony, NM 88021
You have 14 days after sentencing court date to register for this course. The 12 hour course costs $150.00 by cash or money order with at least $50.00 minimum weekly payment which must be fully paid by the end of the last class.
- You have 90 days to complete the DWI class after sentencing. Call Edward Ybarra at the above number with any questions.
- In addition to personal information, you will need to know the name of the judge who presided over your hearing, social security number, drivers license number, your blood alcohol content (BAC) at time of arrest, the DWI citation number, and the clerk to enroll.
- Mesilla DWI School
PO Box 1143
Mesilla, NM 88046
- For more information about this program, contact the program director, Susan Krueger, at the above number and mailing address.
- You will need your social security number, the offense, the BAC at arrest, and the referring judge.
- Southwest Counseling Center Inc.
100 W. Griggs
Las Cruces, NM 88001
- Billing Clerks: Susie Lascano 647-2850, Julie Martin 647-2849
- Classes cost $125.00 with a $25.00 reschedule fee only if you reschedule
- You must attend 3 consecutive 4-hour courses. If one is missed, you must start over from the first course.
- Classes are scheduled from 5:30pm to 9:30pm on Tuesdays or 8:00am to 12:00pm on Saturdays.
- The $125.00 fee must be paid in advance before scheduling for any class. Payments are to be arranged with a billing clerk. You will not be guaranteed a seat in any class until payment has been made in full.
- SWCC accepts money orders, checks, or cash. Once the balance has been paid in full, you will receive an enrollment form. A schedule letter indicating when the next class starts will be sent or given to you after formal registration.
- The SWCC office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm to receive payments and register for classes. Contact the billing clerks with any questions.
- Schedule a screening with the Health and Human Services Department firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-525-5833.
- The HHS office is open for scheduling appointments 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, and screenings can be scheduled between 9:00am and 4:00pm
- Plan on coming in to the HHS office, located at 825 Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007
- Screenings last between an hour and half an hour.
- You will need to bring a picture ID (licenses are usually invalid and not accepted) and your judgment and sentence papers (court papers)