Doña Ana County News
THE LAS CRUCES EXTRA-TERRITORIAL ZONING COMMISSION SCHEDULES MEETING AGENDA ON JUNE 19TH
The Las Cruces Extra-territorial Zoning Commission will consider the following agenda at a public hearing to be held Thursday, June 19, 2008, at 7:00 P.M., in the Commission Chambers in the Doņa Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd, Las Cruces, NM
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS Chairman Wade Warthen
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May 22, 2008
5. CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
6. CASE # SU08-006/BRISCO: The applicants, Shane and Ruth Brisco, are requesting a Special Use Permit to establish the newly constructed 2,663 sq. ft. residence as the primary dwelling and to designate the original 1,255 sq. ft. adobe residence as the accessory living quarters on the subject property. The 2.88-acre parcel is zoned ER3 (Residential, one-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes), is addressed at 620 Abbey Rd., within Section 27, Township 24 S, Range 2 E. The parcel is described as Lot 3A, U.S.R.S Tract 17-16B & 17-28, Replat No. 1, is located south of the City of Las Cruces, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-011-143-017-458. At the regularly scheduled meeting on May 22, the ETZ voted 5-0-0 for postponement to this date due to the absence of the applicant.
7. CASE # Z07-003/DOŅA ANA COUNTY: Doņa Ana County is adjusting the Extra-Territorial Zoning Boundary due to a March 2006 annexation by the City of Las Cruces. The subject properties will go from County Performance District zoning to ETZ zoning. The subject parcels are located on 8,100 acres north of the City of Las Cruces from the Holman and Flatland Road area westward across Jornada Rd to north of Del Rey Blvd within Township 21S, Range 1E and 2E. At the regularly scheduled meeting on May 22, the ETZ voted 5-0-0 for postponement to this date in order to have the full membership of the Commission hear this issue, and to allow the Spruce Meadows Steering Committee to resolve some other issues.
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
8. CASE # Z07-011/DOŅA ANA COUNTY: Doņa Ana County is adjusting the Extra-Territorial Zoning Boundary due to a May 2007 annexation by the City of Las Cruces. The subject properties will go from County Performance District zoning to ETZ zoning. The affected properties are located on approximately 7,243-acres east of the City of Las Cruces comprising the eastern portion of the Talavera Area from Soledad Canyon Road south along both sides of Ladera Canyon Road, and westward to Lost Padre Mine Road, within Township 23 South, Range 3 East.
9. CASE # Z08-004/TAFOYA: The applicant, Larry Tafoya, is requesting a Zone Change on a 0.9-acre parcel and a 3.03-acre parcel from ER4M (Residential, ―-acre minimum new lot size, site built single-family homes and mobile homes) and ER5 (Residential, 1/3-acre minimum new lot size, site built single family homes) respectively, to EI1 (Industrial, to provide a wide variety of light industry uses). The applicant will also be seeking a lot line adjustment concurrently, to realign the property boundaries to create a 2.95-acre lot zoned EI1 for the continued operation of the long term existing business (Fluorescent Sign Company) and a 0.98-acre parcel retaining its original ER4M zoning. The subject parcels are located north of the City of Las Cruces, addressed at 5215 Elks Dr., within Sections 23/24, Township 22S, Range 1E, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-005-130-003-163 and # 4-005-130-513-180.
10. CASE #Z08-005/HECK: The applicant, Mark Heck, Gary Werner of Smith Engineering agent, is requesting a Zone Change on a 0.6-acre parcel from EC1 (Neighborhood Commercial, 5-acre maximum new lot size, limited retail and service establishments) to ER6 (Residential, 5000 sq. ft. minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes) for the purpose of adding it to the Saddle Mountain Subdivision which already has 22 residential lots zoned ER6. The applicant had been approved for EC1 on December 19, 2007 to build a professional and business office in the EC1 Zoning, as allowed by the ETZ Ordinance Article III, Section 3.1.J.3.a.34, but roadway dedication requirements during the subdivision process resulted in a lot too small for such a project. Applicant now seeks to have the parcel match the ER6 zoning of the rest of the subdivision so that a site-built home may be built there. The subject parcel borders the City of Las Cruces just east of Jornada Road and north of Calle Bella within Section 15, Township 22 South, Range 2 East, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-010-129-264-356.
11. CASE # ETZS-08-001/HECK: The applicant, Mark Heck, Gary Werner of Smith Engineering, agent, is requesting preliminary plat approval for a single-family residential subdivision known as Saddle Mountain. The proposed development comprises 6.797 ą acres, is zoned ER6 (Single-family residential, 5,000 square foot lot minimum), and identifies 24 ą residential lots. The subject property is located east of Jornada Road and south of Saddle Mountain Road within Section 15, Township 22 South, Range 2 East, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-010-129-264-356.
12. CASE # Z08-007/DENCO: The applicant, Denco, Inc., David Church of Engineering Solutions, agent, is requesting a Zone Change on the north 10 acres of a 20-acre parcel from ER2 (Residential, 2-acre minimum new lot size, site built single family homes) to EC 3 (Commercial, Planned Commercial District, 3-acre minimum district area) for this military service provider to establish a central office with shipping, receiving, operations, and storage. If approved, the applicant will then proceed with the subdivision process to subdivide the parcel between the commercial and residential portions of the property. The subject parcel is located northeast of the City of Las Cruces south of US Hwy 70 at 10990 Bataan Memorial East within Section 10, Township 22 South, Range 3 East, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-016-128-296-065.
13. CASE # SU08-008/CIELO NOGAL: The applicant, Cielo Nogal, Greg Byres of Summit Engineering, agent, is requesting a Special Use Permit to construct a lift station and force main for sewer service for the proposed Cielo Nogal Subdivision in the ER4 Zoning District. Pursuant to Article 3, Section 3.1.E.1.d.8; public utility installations, substations, and water wells require a Special Use Permit in the ER4 District. The subject parcel is 0.04-acre, Tract A, of Cielo Nogal Estates. The subject parcel is located south of the City of Las Cruces, west of South Main Street, is addressed as 792 Carver Road and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-007-138-484-446.
14. CASE #SU08-009/SCHUERMANN: The applicant, Klaus Schuermann, is requesting a Special Use Permit to construct a lift station and force main for sewer service for the proposed Matisse Estates Subdivision in the ER 4 Zoning District. Pursuant to Article 3, Section 3.1.E.1.d.8; public utility installations, substations, and water wells require a Special Use Permit in the ER4 District. The subject parcel is 0.148-acre, Tract 13-2, of Matisse Estates. The subject parcel is located south of the City of Las Cruces, west of South Main Street, is addressed as 680 Carver Road and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-008-138-077-477.
15. Proposed Amendment to the Las Cruces Extra-Territorial Zoning Ordinance (No.88-02), Article II, Administration of the Zoning Code, Section 2.1.G, Public Hearing and Notice Requirements.
16. PUBLIC INPUT
17. STAFF INPUT
18. COMMISSION INPUT
Doņa Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in DAC sponsored meetings, events or activities. Any request should be made to the ADA Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least 48 hours prior to the event where that accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact Mary Amos Pierce, ADA Coordinator at 647-7316 (voice) or 525-5951 (TTY) 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007.