Las Cruces Extra-Territorial Zoning Authority
Las Cruces Extra-Territorial Zoning Commission
City Planning Department
575 S. Alameda Blvd.
P.O. Box 20000
Las Cruces, NM 88004
County Planning Department
845 N. Motel Blvd.
Las Cruces, NM 88007
The Las Cruces Extra-territorial Authority will consider the following agenda at a public hearing to be held Wednesday May 16, 2007 at 5:00 P.M., in County Commission Chambers at the Doņa Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, New Mexico 88007.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: April 17, 2007
5. CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
REVIEW / DISCUSS / ACTION
6. CASE # Z06-009/DELANEY: The applicant, Jerry Delaney, is requesting a Zone Change on a 38.9-acre parcel from EC2 (Community Commercial); ER2 (Residential, 2-acre minimum lot size) and EV, to EI2 (General Industrial) and EC2. The applicant is not proposing to rezone the 3.48-acres of EV. The subject property is located at 15295 N. Main, east of NASA Road, along US Highway 70 within Section 2, T22S, R3E, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-017-127-145-300. The Extra-Territorial Zoning Commission at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 19, 2007, recommended, with a 5-1-0 vote, approval with conditions.CASE # Z06-009 LINK
7. CASE #Z07-001/LOPEZ: The applicant, Ysidro Lopez, is requesting a Zone Change on an 8.36-acre parcel from ER2M (Residential, 2-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes and mobile homes) to EC2 (Commercial, 5000 s.f. minimum new lot size, retail and personal service and some commercial recreational uses). The Zone Change would accommodate a proposed 76-unit motel. The subject property is located south of the intersection of Highway 70 and Braham Road within Section 9, T22S, R3E, and can be further identified by Map Code Number 4-015-128-508-164. The Extra-Territorial Zoning Commission at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 19, 2007 recommended, with a 6-0-0 vote, approval with conditions.CASE # Z07-001 LINK
8. CASE #Z07-002/HAMHILL: The applicant, Hamhill Corporation, is requesting a Zone Change on an 0.464 acre parcel from ER7M (Residential, mobile home parks); to EC2 (Commercial, 5000 s.f. minimum new lot size, retail and personal services and some commercial recreational uses). The zone change would accommodate a proposed 120 s.f. coffee kiosk. The subject property is adjacent to the Las Cruces city limits on 3895 South Main Street, within Section 32, T23S, R2E, and can be further identified by Map Code Number 4-015-128-508-164. The Extra-Territorial Zoning Commission at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 19, 2007, recommended, with a 4-1-1 vote, approval with conditions.
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
9. CASE #V07-003/HAMHILL: The applicant, Hamhill Corp., is requesting a 70-foot Variance from the minimum 200-foot stacking lane requirement of the ETZ Ordinance Section 6.1.A.1 in the ER7M Zoning District (Residential, mobile home parks), to erect a coffee kiosk. Applicant is concurrently requesting a Zone Change to EC2. The 0.464-acre subject parcel is located at the intersection of South Main St. (Hwy. 478) and Tortugas Drive (Hwy. 138) within Section 32, T23S, R2E, and is addressed as 3895 South Main St. It can be further identified by Map Code Number 4-008-138-219-144.CASE # V07-003 LINK
10. CASE # V07-002/STULL: The applicant, Karen Stull, is requesting a 10-foot Variance from the minimum 15-foot side setback and a 17-foot Variance to the minimum 25-foot rear setback in the ER3 Zoning District (Residential, 1-acre new lot minimum, single-family site-built homes) in order to construct a 500 sq. ft. accessory building. The 0.23-acre subject parcel is located within Section 27, T22S, R1E, is addressed at 1700 West Taylor Road, and can be further identified by Map Code Number 4-004-131-240-423.CASE # V07-002 LINK
11. *POSTPONDED UNTIL JUNE* CASE ETZS-06-093A: An appeal of an ETZ Commission decision on March 1, 2007 to eliminate required roadway improvements in conjunction with a proposed subdivision. The request will facilitate replatting Lot 3 of Z-Ranch Estates into two distinct tracts. Current regulations require any parcel within a previously platted subdivision seeking further division shall have access from an improved roadway conforming to Dona Ana County Design Standards. The subject property is located west of Soledad Canyon Road on Spur Ridge Road. Submitted By Western Land Surveying for Cesar Cereceres.
12. PUBLIC INPUT
13. STAFF INPUT
14. AUTHORITY INPUT
Doņa Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in /DAC sponsored meetings, events or activities. Any request should be made to the ADA Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least 48 hours prior to the event where that accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact Mary Amos Pierce, ADA Coordinator at 647-7316 (voice) or 525-5951 (TTY) 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007.